Many of us will face the responsibility of unpaid caregiving for a family member, and that care can be costly to our bank accounts. But experts say there are steps you can take to avoid a financial crisis.
Elder fraud often goes unreported and is difficult to prosecute but the crime can cost seniors huge sums of money, and years of grief. An expert explains how to prevent it.
Our senior citizens were hit hard by the pandemic with illness and with isolation. Science proves time with peers is good medicine for the aging brain.
Theft and fraud have skyrocketed in Utah during the pandemic, and experts say it’s more important than ever to be vigilant.
By now, Utahns age 50 and older have been eligible for COVID-19 vaccinations for a couple of weeks. But after you roll up your sleeve and get that shot, what's next?
Many people experience brain fog, confusion and memory problems with COVID-19. Now, scientists are unlocking the mystery behind how the virus affects the brain. A Utah man wonders if he'll ever be the same.
The arrival of the COVID-19 vaccine means Utah seniors are one step closer to being protected.
Social isolation increases the risk of premature death from all causes among our senior citizens, and loneliness might be extra hard this holiday season because of COVID.
As the pandemic stretches on with no end in sight, older adults' mental health is suffering.That’s why it’s so important to be proactive, experts say.
Fearing a "twindemic," doctors urge everyone, especially older adults, to get a flu shot. That's just as important for caregivers, whose health often gets forgotten.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)
Connect with KSL