No matter how many times Utah Highway Patrol troopers warn drivers to not drink and drive, they know it's still going to happen.
They had their whole lives together, she from Provo and he from Riverton, until they were in Washington earlier this week and died in a car crash.
So far, 2018 is shaping up as Utah's deadliest year on the road for motorcycles, and there are still three months of riding ahead.
The organization hosted experts, including those from the Department of Public Safety, and other agencies to educate riders on the best ways to maneuver Utah’s roadways.
Utah is well on its way of setting a new record no one is proud of: the number of motorcycle fatalities on Utah roads this year. Both riders and drivers play an important role in keeping everyone safe.
The Utah Highway Patrol will start increased screenings for drunk drivers and enforcement Tuesday night in preparation for the Fourth of July holiday.
BYU traffic engineers hope to increase road safety by implementing alternatives to left-hand turns.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)
Connect with KSL