The first-ever tiny Tyrannosaurs discovered is making big news in the paleontology world today and it's big news in Utah, because this where it was discovered, near Cedar Mountain in Central Utah's Emery County.
NASA is trying one last time to contact its record-setting Mars rover Opportunity, before calling it quits.
The Natural History Museum of Utah will soon be the land of dinosaurs when DinoFest 2019 begins Friday.
At a news conference Thursday, scientists and others put on 3D glasses to see the city-size, two-sphered cosmic body in stereo, revealing possible curvy ridges. Ultima Thule, as it's known, is still not showing any signs of craters, moons or rings.
The NASA spacecraft that yielded the first close-up views of Pluto opened the new year at an even more distant world, a billion miles beyond.
A tiny, icy world a billion miles beyond Pluto is getting a New Year's Day visitor.
On Jan. 20, Earth will cast its shadow on the moon during the time when the moon is closest to the Earth.
A new study found that Utah has more than 900 species of bees -- the most diverse in North America
The changes could end the practice of automatically providing future "threatened" species with the same protections endangered species receive, with new protections for threatened plants and animals instead determined by "the species' individual conservation needs."
Scientists are trapping mosquitoes and testing them for West Nile Virus. The insects thrive in and around the Great Salt Lake, but there are simple steps you can take to protect your family from the nasty bites.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah Family Rocked By COVID-19 Says They Can't Imagine Rationing Care (pageviews: 6289)
- Mystery Of Utah's Skinwalker Ranch Very Much Alive (pageviews: 6000)
- Police Investigating Domestic Violence Homicide In Midvale (pageviews: 4873)
- Hurricane Man Arrested After Allegedly Burning Toddlers With Hot Water (pageviews: 4042)
- Protesters Target State Epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn's Home (pageviews: 4006)
- 10 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19, Health Officials Report (pageviews: 3996)
- Close-Knit Polynesian Community Mourns Loss Of Another Member To COVID-19 (pageviews: 3972)
- Interactive Map Shows Risk Of Contracting COVID-19 At Events Based On Crowd Size (pageviews: 3808)
- Former West High School Principal To Defend Education License In Hearing (pageviews: 2496)
Connect with KSL