Organizers say the trains meeting today should be a reminder of how the railroad brought our country together, in more ways than one.
He knew then the history lesson and the photo were missing something – the Chinese workers who built the railroad.
If you’re headed out to Golden Spike National Historical Park for the main commemoration tomorrow morning, you should already have a plan in place. UDOT and event organizers are expecting 10,000 people for the Golden Spike Sesquicentennial 150 commemoration, and all of the parking passes are already sold out.
Several thousand train lovers have gathered in Utah to catch a glimpse of a pair of restored 1940s-era steam engines and celebrate the 150th anniversary of the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad.
At every stop during Wednesday’s run, from Evanston to Echo, Morgan to Ogden, people just wanted to capture the moment.
It's longer than two city buses, weighs more than a Boeing 747 fully loaded with passengers and can pull 16 Statues of Liberty over a mountain.
The moment that connected America is part of Utah’s legacy. KSL takes you behind the scenes of the Golden Spike celebration. Come along for the ride all week on KSL 5 with exclusive stories, interviews and live coverage honoring one of Utah’s most historic moments. Then join us Friday at 11:30am for Spike 150, The Golden History, live […]
As Utah celebrates the 150th anniversary of the Golden Spike, one group is taking it far more seriously than the rest of us. It's the folks who like to celebrate the history of railroading in miniature. It's the Iron Horse, tamed to a tiny scale.
When Utah celebrates the upcoming 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad, a star visitor will be something called "Big Boy," the largest steam locomotive ever built.
Ogden City leaders are hoping to lean on about 1,000 volunteers to help their Golden Spike 150 celebrations go off smoothly. They're still several hundred short of that number.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)
Connect with KSL