The Utah Shakespeare Festival took a special message on tour to high schools and universities throughout the state this year at no charge.
A bill that seeks to fund crisis receiving centers for people facing a mental health crisis passed the Utah House on Thursday. One Utah man said a solution like this could have made a difference for him when he was in crisis a couple of months ago.
Mental health continues to be a key focus on the hill this legislative session and advocates from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention met with lawmakers to urge them to prioritize suicide prevention and mental health legislation on Thursday.
Middle-aged men in Utah are most at risk for suicide, according to data from the Utah Department of Health, and one Utah family still reeling from a devastating loss knows that all too well.
Nearly 800 elementary school kids were learning how to be better friends and reach out to others at a special junior Hope Squad event held at Clearfield High School.
What she did next made all the difference. "It immediately struck me that something was off," said Kelli Snider of Paradise.
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or exhibiting warning signs, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Too many Utah families know the unimaginable grief of losing a loved one to suicide. Navigating that grief takes community and support.
Knowing what to do in the middle of an immediate mental health crisis can be overwhelming. Some call 9-1-1, but an underutilized service without flashing lights and sirens offers a less threatening approach for Utahns.
I saw my nephew walking down the street last week. I turned and there he was on the sidewalk. Only it wasn’t him – just a boy who looked a lot like him. It took my breath away. Not only was he not on that sidewalk, he also wasn’t at Sunday dinner this week.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 16902)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 10948)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6159)
- Five Utah Police Agencies Looking For Purse Snatchers (pageviews: 3234)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 3143)
- Local Body Shop Creates One-Of-A-Kind Casket For Police Dog Hondo (pageviews: 2873)
- Utah Couple's Dream Italian Vacation Canceled After Coronavirus Cases Spike (pageviews: 2719)
- 5-Year-Old Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2663)
- 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2527)
Connect with KSL