The state's largest teacher's union has called for a delay in the start of in-person learning as they try to figure out the best way to keep everyone safe.
As the topic of race boils over again in this country, can people change? We hear the story of one man who believes so...and has the robes of dozens of former KKK members to prove it. Rep. Ben McAdams joins us to discuss his amendment preventing nuclear testing in Utah.
School is opening soon, but under what form or fashion should it be placed? We take a look at Utah's plans of action for the academic school year. Plus, the politicization of mask wearing.
Growth in Utah is a hot button issue for man folks. We take a look at Envision Utah's new report on growth in our state. Plus, it was a tight primary race for Utah's republican gubernatorial candidate but we now have a winner. We sit down with Spencer Cox.
We are watching and waiting as election results roll in across the country. The Coronavirus creating an issue for many places as they try to implement mail-in voting. Utah has had vote-by-mail for years, but what were the special issues this year and what will we do moving forward.
This week on Sunday Edition, we talk Coronavirus. As Utah sees record levels of new cases day after day, what do we need to be doing as citizens and what does leadership need to be doing? We talk with the leading voices in Utah’s Coronavirus response
South Salt Lake city council member Natalie Pinkney joins Doug Wright to talk about her hopes for more police citizen review boards as the state legislature bans chokeholds state wide. Also, Republicans David Leavitt and Sean Reyes join us to talk about their goals, should they become the next Utah Attorney General.
Protests continued across the US and right here in Utah this week over the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and more. Doug Wright talks to a former Salt Lake police chief about what we can do next in regards to race relations, and we continue our discussions gubernatorial candidates.
After nearly unprecedented protests in Utah and across the country, many confronting racial issues in our state and nationwide. We talk with Rep. Sandra Hollins about the actions we can all be taking to make political change. And as we get closer to the 2020 Republican party, Gubernatorial candidates Jon Huntsman and Spencer Cox join us.
This week on Sunday Edition, we begin our conversations with those up for election, including Democratic candidate Chris Peterson and Republican candidate Greg Hughes. We also talk with Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson about the state of the county during the COVID-19 pandemic.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah Family Rocked By COVID-19 Says They Can't Imagine Rationing Care (pageviews: 6289)
- Mystery Of Utah's Skinwalker Ranch Very Much Alive (pageviews: 6000)
- Police Investigating Domestic Violence Homicide In Midvale (pageviews: 4873)
- Hurricane Man Arrested After Allegedly Burning Toddlers With Hot Water (pageviews: 4042)
- Protesters Target State Epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn's Home (pageviews: 4006)
- 10 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19, Health Officials Report (pageviews: 3996)
- Close-Knit Polynesian Community Mourns Loss Of Another Member To COVID-19 (pageviews: 3972)
- Interactive Map Shows Risk Of Contracting COVID-19 At Events Based On Crowd Size (pageviews: 3808)
- Former West High School Principal To Defend Education License In Hearing (pageviews: 2496)
Connect with KSL