SALT LAKE CITY, Utah–This week wraps up Utah Pride Week, but that doesn’t mean our LGBTQ siblings should fade back into obscurity. We look at the ways we can support our neighbors all year long. Plus, the first challenger to Mike Lee’s Senate seat–we talk with Becky Edwards. But first–it’s an issue impacting all of […]
“I Need Answers” Rep. John Curtis on Vote for Jan. 6 Commission; Deep Dive Into Critical Race TheoryThis week on Sunday Edition, Rep. John Curtis says he needs answers regarding the January 6th Capitol riot. We discuss his break from his party to help send the Commission to the Senate for approval. Plus, we look at Critical Race Theory and the the impact some advocates worry all out bans would have on […]
On the heels of the Republican Party vote to oust Rep. Liz Cheney from her leadership position, 150 Republican leaders, led by former presidential candidate Evan McMullin, call for reform within the party. He talks about the reform needed. Plus, many advocates think it’s too soon for Utah Gov. Spencer Cox's calls for an end to federal unemployment benefits. What they say needs to happen first.
Utah First Lady Abby Cox joins the program to talk about an “empathy gap” and how the "Show Up Utah" initiative hopes to help. Plus, Salt Lake City's new voting system and what new Census results will mean for Utah and Salt Lake City’s move to rank choice voting.
Chief Mike Brown with the Salt Lake City Police Department and Commissioner Darlene McDonald from the city's Racial Equity in Policing Commission react to the guilty verdict of former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd. They talk about the impact of the verdict and issue of equality in Utah's capitol city.
In the first 100 days of Utah Gov. Spencer Cox's administration, what has been accomplished for far, and what's ahead? We also sit down with Rep. Chris Stewart to talk about his view on Pres. Joe Biden’s plan to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan. Plus, the new president of Deseret News talks about transformational leadership.
The statewide mask mandate is over. We look at why Salt Lake County chose not to extend the mandate and what will need to happen moving forward for economic growth in Utah. Plus, we hear from one tribal leader who met with the Secretary of the Interior as the Biden administration makes a decision on Bears Ears monument.
Mass shootings have been on the top of people's minds after 10 people were killed in a Boulder, Colorado grocery store. After all of these tragedies, politicians, activists, and some members of the media are quick to call in to question the shooter's mental health. But is that the right thing to do?
As the nation grapples with another mass shooting where nearly all the victims were Asian women, we look at the history behind the violence against Asian-Americans and the myth of the model minority. On the COVID front, we look at vaccines opening up for all Utahns and Rep. Chris Stewart’s plan to address the national debt, exacerbated by the pandemic.
Owners of the Salt Lake City institution, Caputo’s Market, have urged Utah Gov. Spencer Cox to veto a bill lifting a statewide mask mandate, or get essential workers fully vaccinated first.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)
Connect with KSL