The Utah Department of Natural Resources said this week’s storms gave the state slight hope for the rest of the water year but a dry November did set us back.
The overnight snowstorm delivered exactly what Utah desperately needed across most of the state.
The drought has brought at least one Utah winter tradition to a halt. Managers at Hardware Ranch in Cache Valley, have canceled sleigh rides.
A University of Utah economist says the state, which is trying to recover from severe drought, has enough water to deal with a growing population, if we just make some changes — difficult changes that probably won’t be popular with farmers.
The water year in Utah comes to an end this week, and there’s not a lot to celebrate, but there is a little bit of hopeful news in the midst of this extreme drought — Utah’s soil moisture is now better than it was a year ago.
As the drought intensified over the summer, many Utahns made adjustments in their landscapes to save water. The state helped set an example Tuesday by flipping the parking strip for four eager homeowners in Salt Lake County.
Dozens of Idaho farmers say the sudden firing of two local USDA office employees couldn't come at a worse time.
Low water levels at Hyrum Reservoir have revealed more than a dozen cars that officials said were dumped in the 1950s to help strengthen the reservoir’s shoreline.
Yellow is the new green this summer with lawns. But when West Valley City code enforcement officers showed up saying a resident’s lawn was too yellow, he called Matt Gephardt to investigate.
A state legislator said she's tried everything to get the HOA in her area of Cottonwood Heights to cut back on watering, but every attempt has been ignored.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 19353)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 16549)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 9394)
- Ian Alexander Jr., only child of Regina King, dies at age 26 (pageviews: 7812)
- Don't approach lab monkey missing after crash, people told (pageviews: 7691)
- Salt Lake County man arrested for allegedly abusing grandson (pageviews: 4447)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4310)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 4150)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3962)
Connect with KSL