Some abatement crews described 2021 as the worst mosquito season ever in Utah as they struggled to push back the pests this summer. Crews said the high temperatures were causing them to multiply.
As Utahns cut back on landscape watering during the intensity of the drought, experts said it's still important to monitor the health of our trees. They said trees are pretty resilient, but some of them might need a little extra help to survive.
Gunnison Reservoir near Sterling in Sanpete County has been listed at 0% capacity. The reservoir is mostly used for agriculture, but it's another example of the extreme drought Utah is facing.
High temperatures and low water levels have combined to create some algal blooms in Utah waters that can be deadly for pets.
Most of Utah will be under an excessive heat warning Friday with temperatures expected to reach triple digits Friday.
With this unrelenting heat and drought, water managers in Utah developed a new tool to help them predict irrigation conditions or the severity of flash floods weeks ahead of any storms.
Extreme heat has created a real problem for Utah roadways and the crews who keep the roads in good shape.
Utah farmers have been hit hard, perhaps the hardest during the drought. With no end in sight, many farmers wondered how much longer they can hold on.
A family was caught by surprise recently when efforts to shoo a moose from a backyard went sideways.
Doctors and veterinarians are encouraging Utahns to know the early warning signs of heat-related illnesses and take preventative steps as record-breaking heat hits the Beehive State.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)
Connect with KSL