"Between the hoppers and the drought... it's bad," one farmer said.
Utah Department of Transportation crews worked overnight to repair concrete on Interstate 215 that buckled due to excessive heat.
In one Saratoga Springs neighborhood, about 40 families pooled their money and came together to safely celebrate the 4th of July with personal fireworks.
In a season as dry as the one Utah's in, headed into a holiday weekend marked by fireworks, the crew at fire station 22 in Draper said they weren't waiting around for the call. They and firefighters across the state have extra staff on hand and will be patrolling the streets this weekend.
Vehicles and other equipment start hundreds of wildfires in Utah every year. As hot and dry as it is heading into the holiday weekend, firefighters reminded residents to keep their hot cars away from dry grass.
The drought, the heat, and fear of fireworks have left fire departments and residents on edge across Utah this Independence Day Weekend.
If the drips from a leaky faucet keep you awake at night, wait until you see the math on how much water those drops waste.
Utahns can legally light off fireworks in select areas across the state beginning at 11 a.m. Friday, and one city is telling its residents if you’re not going to leave it to the professionals, bring them to our parks.
In the midst of this drought, many Utahns have been trying to find new ways to save on outdoor watering. Imagine trying to do that when you are responsible for dozens of acres of landscaping. KSL-TV caught up with Joel Evans, the grounds manager at Salt Lake Community College, to pick up a few tips for saving water for all of us.
For a brief time Wednesday, the water at the Great Salt Lake dipped below a record low. It was not an official reading because of how the measurements are made, but managers said the official record low is inevitable.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)
Connect with KSL