Officials with the Park City Fire District urged drivers to be cautious out on the wet roads after they were called out to multiple rollover crashes Saturday morning.
Tropical Storm Nicholas gathered strength Monday and threatened to blow ashore in Texas as a hurricane that could bring up to 20 inches of rain to parts of the Gulf Coast, including the same area hit by Hurricane Harvey in 2017 and storm-battered Louisiana.
President Joe Biden approved major disaster declarations Monday greenlighting federal aid for people in six New Jersey counties and five New York counties affected by devastating flooding last week from the remnants of Hurricane Ida.
The first of Red Cross volunteers from Utah have left for Baton Rouge after Hurricane Ida made landfall Sunday, knocking out power to all of New Orleans and parts of Louisiana.
Hurricane Ida blasted ashore Sunday as one of the most powerful storms ever to hit the U.S., knocking out power to all of New Orleans, blowing roofs off buildings and reversing the flow of the Mississippi River as it rushed from the Louisiana coast into one of the nation’s most important industrial corridors.
Forecasters warned residents along the northern Gulf of Mexico coast to rush preparations Saturday ahead of an intensifying Hurricane Ida, which is expected to bring winds as high as 130 mph, life-threatening storm surge and flooding rain when it slams ashore in Louisiana on Sunday.
Search crews with dogs continued the grim work of going door-to-door and looking through debris to find the missing after floodwaters roared through rural Tennessee over the weekend, killing at least 22 people.
The death toll from severe flooding in Middle Tennessee, has risen to 21, according to a news release Sunday from the Humphreys County Emergency Management Agency. Another 45 people are still missing.
Thousands of Utahns were without power in Morgan, Salt Lake and Weber counties as storms and strong winds ripped through the Wasatch Front, leaving behind some damage.
Severe weather brought thunderstorms and heavy rainfall to most of the state, making for a mess on Utah's roadways and sending a number of semis off the road Wednesday.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)
Connect with KSL