The Adoption Exchange is now Raise the Future.
At age 18, Stoneay fears she will age out of foster care with no place to call home.
Hundreds of Utah children are living in state custody, many of them hoping to be adopted by a forever family. Sixteen-year-old Chevy is one of them.
In Utah, the average stay in foster care is 17 months. For 8-year-old Wesley, it has been almost 2½ years. He shared with KSL TV his love of LEGO® sets and his dream to have a mom.
13-year-old Camden got to visit Rio Tinto Stadium, and he hopes to return someday to make new memories with a family of his own.
A total of 5,449 days -- that's how long Austin lived in foster care before being officially adopted by his two dads, Jonathan and Kyle.
This is the time when high school graduating seniors would have been walking across the stage in front of friends and family to accept their diploma, including one Salt Lake City teen living in foster care who overcame incredible odds to graduate.
For kids living in foster care, their normal means a life without a family. Kenzie was dreaming that will change for her soon.
A big change in a state contract with a local non-profit was announced Monday. For the first time in 20 years, state funds to "Utah Foster Care" will now be going to "The Adoption Exchange" instead.
This time of social distancing and quarantine is difficult time for everyone in our country, but for children living in the foster care system, it can be especially isolating.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)
Connect with KSL