Brinley has a genetic disorder called Angelman's Syndrome, which causes developmental delays and affects her ability to talk.
KSL TV is committed to raising awareness about children lingering in the foster care system. For many, time is running out for them to be adopted.
When you think of foster care, many people think of young children, but in Utah, the majority of kids in foster care are teenagers. The odds are stacked against them and time is running out for them to find an adoptive home.
There are close to 3,000 children living in foster care. Getting adopted from foster care can often be a waiting game for the kids and when it's brothers hoping to stay together -- the wait can be even longer.
Sometimes, everyone needs a little help — someone to show us the way. 18-year-old Jaid needs just that
When you think of foster care, most of us assume it's full of babies and small children - but that's not the case.
“I had my 11th birthday at foster care, the place where all the kids go that people don’t want.”
DJ entered foster care at just 6 years old, and he's been there ever since. He has hopes life in state custody isn’t going to last much longer.
On Wednesday, the Utah Jazz family welcomed her in. Now, she's hoping to be a permanent part of a family's team and she hopes they're out there watching.
Isaac doesn't remember the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, but on Wednesday he got a little taste of the games.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)
Connect with KSL