When you think of foster care, many people think of young children, but in Utah, the majority of kids in foster care are teenagers. The odds are stacked against them and time is running out for them to find an adoptive home.
There are close to 3,000 children living in foster care. Getting adopted from foster care can often be a waiting game for the kids and when it's brothers hoping to stay together -- the wait can be even longer.
Sometimes, everyone needs a little help — someone to show us the way. 18-year-old Jaid needs just that
When you think of foster care, most of us assume it's full of babies and small children - but that's not the case.
“I had my 11th birthday at foster care, the place where all the kids go that people don’t want.”
DJ entered foster care at just 6 years old, and he's been there ever since. He has hopes life in state custody isn’t going to last much longer.
On Wednesday, the Utah Jazz family welcomed her in. Now, she's hoping to be a permanent part of a family's team and she hopes they're out there watching.
Isaac doesn't remember the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, but on Wednesday he got a little taste of the games.
SALT LAKE CITY – When most people head to the barber shop, it’s to get a clean cut and a fresh look. However, on Wednesday Dayton walked into Brick’s Barbershop in Salt Lake City for a fresh start. “I’m going to be put on TV and try to get adopted,” said Dayton. The 16-year-old knows […]
KSL 5 TV Live
- Businesses Can Report Unemployment Recipients Who Refuse Job Offer (pageviews: 4004)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3750)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 3729)
- Utahns Rush To Help Minnesota Army Veteran In Need (pageviews: 3544)
- Redwood Road Closed For Several Hours Following Fatal Crash (pageviews: 3199)
- Woman From Mali Gives Birth To Nine Babies - Two More Than Expected (pageviews: 2502)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2325)
- Husband Thanks Rescuers Who Found His Wife In Farmington Wilderness (pageviews: 2277)
- Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Story In Hopes Of Helping Others (pageviews: 2073)
Connect with KSL