Getting the proper medical attention quickly after having a heart attack is crucial to survival. Without blood flow, the heart muscle can die very quickly. A Utah doctor is putting the solution in the hands of anyone with a smartphone.
Losing balance and falling is far too common for people as they get older. One St. George man is learning the hard way how to recover from falling.
Cracked fingers, an itchy scalp and a bloody nose. Utah’s cold weather, low humidity and running the furnace is the perfect recipe for dry skin. One Heber family is doing everything they can to combat dry skin this winter.
Braving the winter cold to exercise outside can be quite the challenge this time of year. But an avid group of snowshoers have found a way to embrace the cold weather and stay active all season long.
With less sunlight during the winter, it can be difficult to find time to stay socially and emotionally engaged with other people. One man has found a meaningful way to interact with people through volunteering.
Foot care is often overlooked, especially for seniors. But one nurse who isn't afraid to get up close and personal with hundreds of feet.
It’s that time of year when respiratory infections are common, which can be difficult for older people who already have an existing chronic illness. St. George is home to the only clinic in the state of Utah specifically designed to educate patients.
You may not think pickleball is a very high-tech sport, but two athletes in sunny St. George are proving otherwise. They're using the latest gear on the market to up their game.
On Tuesday, Gov. Gary Herbert was on handball assignment to visit hundreds of happy students in Salt Lake City. One organization partnered with the governor to help students stay active through a special gift.
Most people take feeling your heart beat every day for granted. For one young woman, it rarely escapes her mind.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)
Connect with KSL