Ashley Moser co-anchors KSL 5 Live at 5 with Mike Headrick and reports for the KSL 5 News at 10. She is no stranger to Utah and is thrilled to return to the state with her husband Michael whom she met in the Beehive State.
Ashley was born and raised on the island of O’ahu in the state of Hawaii. She graduated from Punahou School, President Barrack Obama’s alma matter. Both her parents are BYU alums so it was only natural that Ashley became a Cougar as well. A graduate of BYU’s Broadcast Journalism program, she co-anchored “KBYU Eleven News,” a show that garnered the Society of Professional Journalists’ 2012 national award for “Best All-Around Television Newscast.” Ashley also hosted a nationally-televised show, “BYU Weekly” which aired on BYUtv.
Ashley’s first internship while in college was in her hometown of Honolulu, at “Hawaii News Now,” the duopoly of both CBS and NBC affiliates in Hawaii. She also interned at “Good Things Utah,” the morning show for ABC 4 here in Salt Lake City, and worked at New York One, Time Warner’s 24-hour Cable News Channel for New York City’s five boroughs.
Upon graduation, Ashley landed her first job at the NBC news station in Toledo, Ohio. She co-anchored WNWO’s morning show and served as general assignment reporter. Ashley hit the ground running covering breaking news stories, including murders, a high school standoff, a car chase that crossed state lines into Michigan, a fatal house explosion, and did an in-depth investigative piece on “Online Sex Trafficking” in Northwest Ohio.
KITV4, the ABC Affiliate in Honolulu, brought Ashley back to her home state to co-anchor the only weekend morning, two-hour newscast in Hawaii. Ashley has a hard nose for news. While in Hawaii, she covered numerous hurricanes, elections on neighbor islands, rescue efforts for swimmers lost near Halona Blowhole and many pieces on the homeless epidemic in the state.
“I kicked in the womb while Mom was doing her TV live shots,” says Ashley. She would frequent the newsroom as a toddler, shadowing her mother who was a television news anchor/reporter in Honolulu. Ashley recently did an in-depth piece on a gene mutation in the BRCA 1 and 2 genes, a piece close to her heart since her mother had breast cancer. She used footage that her Mom shot more than 20 years ago while documenting her battle with the disease.
She is the recipient of the United Filipino Council of Hawaii’s Media and Broadcast Award. Ashley enjoys cooking traditional Filipino dishes like her Amma used to make. If she’s invited to a party, you better believe she’s bringing the dessert. She and her husband Mike are foodies and love to try new things. If you have any suggestions, contact her via her social media accounts. They also enjoyed their regular hikes to waterfalls back in Hawaii but are excited to explore the great outdoors in the Beehive State.
Feel free to connect with Ashley or send her story ideas below:
Facebook: Ashley Moser
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 16902)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 10948)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6159)
- Five Utah Police Agencies Looking For Purse Snatchers (pageviews: 3234)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 3143)
- Local Body Shop Creates One-Of-A-Kind Casket For Police Dog Hondo (pageviews: 2873)
- Utah Couple's Dream Italian Vacation Canceled After Coronavirus Cases Spike (pageviews: 2719)
- 5-Year-Old Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2663)
- 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2527)