Brett Benson joined KSL as a fill-in meteorologist in 2018, with almost 20 years of weather forecasting experience in the Utah market.
Brett was born in Cottonwood Heights and went to high school in Park City. He attended BYU where he played football during what he calls “the Detmer years”. His wife grew up in Utah as well (she is a University of Utah fan, but Brett is working on that…unsuccessfully).
After living in beautiful Portland, Oregon and Madison, Wisconsin, Brett and Christy were happy to return to Utah to raise their two children, McHale and Stockton, in the same neighborhoods where they grew up.
Brett graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism from BYU and holds a Broadcast Meteorology Certificate from Mississippi State University and holds the Seal of Approval from the National Weather Association. In addition to his “traditional schooling” he worked five years for Weather Central.
Brett’s works full-time for Utah Scientific, a local broadcast engineering and manufacturing company.
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)