Carole Mikita has worked for KSL-TV News since June 1979 as an anchor and reporter. Currently, she is a senior reporter who specifically covers religion and the arts.
She also produces and writes documentaries for KSL Television Programming that air twice a year during LDS General Conference. Since fall of 1998, more than 40 hour or half-hour specials have aired. She and photographers have traveled the world to capture stories about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it’s leaders and members.
She won a regional Emmy for “Gideon’s Story” and has a Lifetime Achievement Emmy. She has also received many awards from the Society for Professional Journalists and the Utah Broadcasters Association for both news stories and the documentaries.
Carole speaks to and participates in a number of community and church organizations. She was honored in 1994 by the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation, in 1996 by the Assistance League of Utah as a “Woman of Distinction,” and in 2000 by the Utah-California Women’s Association with its Legacy Award.
Carole grew up in Steubenville, Ohio and graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre. She is married to Neil York, a history professor at Brigham Young University. They have two daughters, Jennifer and Caitlin, and three grandchildren.
Facebook: Carole Mikita
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)