Carole Mikita has worked for KSL-TV News since June 1979 as an anchor and reporter. Currently, she is a senior reporter who specifically covers religion and the arts.
She also produces and writes documentaries for KSL Television Programming that air twice a year during LDS General Conference. Since fall of 1998, more than 40 hour or half-hour specials have aired. She and photographers have traveled the world to capture stories about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it’s leaders and members.
She won a regional Emmy for “Gideon’s Story” and has a Lifetime Achievement Emmy. She has also received many awards from the Society for Professional Journalists and the Utah Broadcasters Association for both news stories and the documentaries.
Carole speaks to and participates in a number of community and church organizations. She was honored in 1994 by the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation, in 1996 by the Assistance League of Utah as a “Woman of Distinction,” and in 2000 by the Utah-California Women’s Association with its Legacy Award.
Carole grew up in Steubenville, Ohio and graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre. She is married to Neil York, a history professor at Brigham Young University. They have two daughters, Jennifer and Caitlin, and three grandchildren.
Facebook: Carole Mikita
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)