Dan Spindle starts your morning off right co-anchoring KSL 5 News Today and KSL 5 News at Noon. He’s spent the majority of his career in the desert Southwest but is excited to call Salt Lake City home.
Dan is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter and has also been recognized for his work by the Associated Press. He began his career at KOBI-TV in Medford, Oregon, but quickly found success at stations in Arizona; first at KGUN 9 in Tucson, then KSAZ-TV and most recently, KNXV-TV in Phoenix.
Dan has covered everything from illegal immigration, tracking smugglers near the U.S.-Mexico border, to consumer news with “The Financial Fitness Zone” and “Does it Work”. He also lead coverage for a series of reports called “Operation Safe Roads” to help change laws and behavior to make drivers and pedestrians safer. Dan has traveled to Ft. Hood with a helicopter battallion preparing to deploy.
He covered Gabby Giffords’ campaigns for congress and work in her southern Arizona district before the 2011 shooting rampage in Tucson as well as her recovery afterward. Dan has a passion for telling stories about people helping people. He loves highlighting the bravery and the sacrifice of military members and their families.
Growing up, Dan moved around a lot, living in nine states before serving a mission for two years in Peru. Although he never lived in Utah until arriving at KSL, Dan’s roots along the Wasatch Front run deep and he’s excited to be so close to extended family across Utah and Idaho.
Dan and his wife have five children who keep them on their toes. They love to take road trips and exploring new places. Dan is also a massive Star Wars fan and loves going to the movies. He’s a long-suffering Arizona Cardinals, Suns and Diamondbacks fan but he’s got plenty of family members rooting for the Cougars and the Utes!
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 41380)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 8407)
- Provo Man Shot By Family Member Who Thought He Was Intruder, Police Say (pageviews: 4614)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 3477)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3092)
- Utah Reports 314 Current Hospitalizations, 1,363 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 New Deaths (pageviews: 2182)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 2150)
- Police: Roy High Teacher Arrested, Accused Of Enticing Minor (pageviews: 2105)