Dan Spindle starts your morning off right co-anchoring KSL 5 News Today and KSL 5 News at Noon. He’s spent the majority of his career in the desert Southwest but is excited to call Salt Lake City home.
Dan is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter and has also been recognized for his work by the Associated Press. He began his career at KOBI-TV in Medford, Oregon, but quickly found success at stations in Arizona; first at KGUN 9 in Tucson, then KSAZ-TV and most recently, KNXV-TV in Phoenix.
Dan has covered everything from illegal immigration, tracking smugglers near the U.S.-Mexico border, to consumer news with “The Financial Fitness Zone” and “Does it Work”. He also lead coverage for a series of reports called “Operation Safe Roads” to help change laws and behavior to make drivers and pedestrians safer. Dan has traveled to Ft. Hood with a helicopter battallion preparing to deploy.
He covered Gabby Giffords’ campaigns for congress and work in her southern Arizona district before the 2011 shooting rampage in Tucson as well as her recovery afterward. Dan has a passion for telling stories about people helping people. He loves highlighting the bravery and the sacrifice of military members and their families.
Growing up, Dan moved around a lot, living in nine states before serving a mission for two years in Peru. Although he never lived in Utah until arriving at KSL, Dan’s roots along the Wasatch Front run deep and he’s excited to be so close to extended family across Utah and Idaho.
Dan and his wife have five children who keep them on their toes. They love to take road trips and exploring new places. Dan is also a massive Star Wars fan and loves going to the movies. He’s a long-suffering Arizona Cardinals, Suns and Diamondbacks fan but he’s got plenty of family members rooting for the Cougars and the Utes!
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)