Dan Spindle wakes up the Wasatch Front and beyond anchoring “KSL Today” and “KSL News at Noon.” Working for a legendary news organization and living in the beautiful state of Utah are a dream come true for Dan, who has lived all over the country. He is an Emmy Award-winning journalist and has also been recognized for his work by the Associated Press. Dan began his television career in Medford, Oregon, but quickly found success at stations in Arizona; first in Tucson, then as a reporter and anchor for a decade in Phoenix.
Dan has tracked smugglers near the U.S.-Mexico border with federal agents, lead consumer news segments like “The Financial Fitness Zone” and “Does it Work” and loves to give viewers a voice. He also lead coverage for a series called “Operation Safe Roads” to help change laws and behavior to make drivers and pedestrians safer. Dan enjoys telling stories highlighting the service and sacrifice of those in the military and their families. He’s gone skydiving with the Army’s “Golden Knights” Parachute Team, watched refueling exercises aboard a KC-135, tracked the deployment of a helicopter battalion to Ft. Hood, Texas and reported from Florida’s “Space Coast” as the shuttle program shut down.
Growing up, Dan moved around a lot, living in nine states before serving a mission for two years in Peru. But his Utah roots run deep from the pioneers to the present day and he’s excited to be so close to extended family across the Intermountain West.
Dan loves history and Star Wars and his family lovingly calls him a nerd. When he’s not working, you’ll also find him playing basketball or on the tennis court. Dan and his wife Kendra have five children who keep them on their toes. They love to take road trips and explore new places from Bryce Canyon to Bear Lake!
Find Dan on Social Media!
Facebook: Dan Spindle KSL
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18148)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10709)
- Young man who was accidentally invited to 'grandma's' Thanksgiving as a teen celebrates 6th year of dinner together (pageviews: 7286)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected (pageviews: 6853)
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market (pageviews: 5604)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 5589)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4641)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 4585)
- Tooele family warns of E. coli after daughter nearly dies in the hospital (pageviews: 4101)