Nadine Wimmer currently co-anchors KSL News at 6pm, 6:30pm and 10pm. She is also an Emmy award-winning reporter who covers education and leads the station’s literacy initiative “Read Today.”
Nadine moved up the ranks in the KSL 5 newsroom as weekend anchor, political reporter, general assignment reporter, and producer. She was born and raised in Salt Lake City and began her broadcasting career at KSL Television as a University of Utah intern.
Education has always been important to Nadine. She earned her Master’s degree in political communication and bachelor’s degree in communication from the University of Utah. She attended a fellows program on education and journalism through the University of Washington.
Because of her commitment to education, she is excited about her involvement in the Read Today, KSL’s high impact reading program. Read Today aims to Educate, Motivate and Celebrate reading accomplishments and encourage families to read together.
Nadine won a regional Emmy award last year for her coverage of the Utah Teacher’s shortage. Read Today won the Emmy Service to America Award for contributions to literacy in Utah.
In her free time, she loves the outdoors and outdoor recreating in Utah’s mountains and red rock country. She is often trail running, mountain biking, hiking, Alpine skiing and skate skiing. She’s an avid reader and studies Spanish.
Her favorite thing is to spend time with family. She’s married to Phil Kirk, who works in law enforcement. They live with their two boys in Park City.
Facebook: Nadine Wimmer
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)