Felicia Martinez joined the KSL news family in October 2018. She is no stranger to the beehive state having been born and raised in Salt Lake County, Utah.
Felicia attended the University of Utah following her graduation from Kearns High School. Her significant involvement with dance, created an opportunity for her to earn a scholarship with the University of Utah Crimson Line Dance Team. Felicia earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communication and was part of the campus news team, News Break. More recently, Felicia graduated from the University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law where she earned a Master of Legal Studies.
Felicia has been in the news industry for 11 years but has worked in television for almost two decades. The Salt Lake City market created an opportunity for Felicia to have her first television job as a teleprompter operator for Fox 13 while she was still an undergraduate student. Felicia’s experience goes far beyond being on camera. Following college graduation, Felicia moved to L.A. where she worked for E! Networks and several other production companies where she held positions in both casting and producing for award shows and popular reality shows like “Dancing with the Stars,” “So You Think You Can Dance,” “World of Dance” “Making the Band” and many others. Those jobs allowed Felicia to travel the country and learn valuable skills that she utilizes today.
After six years of working in L.A., Felicia decided to return to her first love and dream job, the news. She landed her first reporter job as an MMJ in Yuma, Arizona. As a reporter, producer, and anchor she covered the Desert Southwest from the border towns of Yuma and Imperial County, California. Felicia often crossed the border for stories and spent a great deal of her reporting covering border issues and crime, which allowed her to work closely with several federal agencies.
Following Yuma, Felicia returned home where she spent three years at ABC 4 Utah. From there she went straight to Southern California working for Fox 5 San Diego. She often reported nationally for FOX, KTLA and FOX affiliates in L.A., San Francisco and Las Vegas. After two years, Felicia returned to Salt Lake City and is excited to be back home with family.
When Felicia is not working, she enjoys time with her dogs and family. Felicia is adventurous and loves the outdoors and mountains for hiking, paddle boarding and snowboarding. If you have a story idea for Felicia email her at email@example.com and follow her on social media. She is on IG, Facebook and Twitter.
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)