Grant Weyman joined the Live 5 Weather Team in 1999. He studied meteorology with the U.S. Government Graduate School, and received an AMS Seal of Approval in 2002.
Grant started his broadcasting career during his high school years in Quincy, Illinois. There, he worked as a DJ at Quincy University’s WWQC-FM. In addition to that, Grant worked as a crew member at the local NBC affiliate, WGEM-TV.
With dreams of becoming the next Steven Spielberg, Grant moved to L.A. in 1986 as a student at USC. Those film pursuits lead to music and composing, and on-air stints at KSCR, the campus radio station. Grant eventually became the program director for that station his senior year. He graduated in 1990 with a B.A. in music.
Grant’s first ‘paid gig’ was at radio station KGGI in Riverside, Ca. Eventually, the radio career lead to television. Grant was a reporter at WSJV in South Bend, Indiana in the mid 90’s. In 1996 Grant and his wife moved to Utah, where he worked at a competing station. He joined KSL’s Morning News in 1999 as a weathercaster, and with education he soon eared the title meteorologist. You may notice that he still likes to cling to his DJ roots when he incorporates music into his forecasts!
Grant and his wife have two daughters. They enjoy family adventures- usually to a beach.
Grant served as school board chairman for Grace Lutheran School from 2006-2010, and still spends time volunteering with various school projects.
Facebook: Grant Weyman
- Police: 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found In Toy Chest In Room; Death Ruled Accidental (pageviews: 5778)
- Saturday Evening Sessions To Remain Part Of General Conference (pageviews: 2825)
- Boaters Say Fees Going Up, Quality Going Down At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2460)
- 8 Killed, Several Injured In Crashes After Sandstorm Hits I-15 (pageviews: 2372)
- Cedar City Residents Cleaning Up After More Flash Flooding – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1983)
- Family Mourns Husband, Wife Killed In Sandstorm Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 1933)
- Live (pageviews: 1333)
- Delta Mistake Bumps Non-Stop Travelers To Flights With Layovers (pageviews: 1324)
- Utah Reports 843 COVID-19 Cases, 6 Additional Deaths – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1247)