After graduating high school at age 15, Haley Smith attended a small college near her hometown of Hemet, California. She played college volleyball and eventually finished her Broadcast Journalism degree at Brigham Young University.
From the time Haley was a little girl, she watched the news each evening with her mom. She was inspired by educated, intelligent women intrigued with what was going on in the world and knew that’s what she wanted to do. She also realized a major need for positivity in the news sphere, and the opportunity she could have in lifting others through the TV screen.
Before joining the KSL team in 2012, Haley worked in Eastern Idaho as a morning show anchor/producer, and evening reporter among many other duties!
After accepting a position at KSL News in Salt Lake City, she and her husband jumped at the chance to move to his home state of Utah.
Haley loves her family and spending quality time with them. She loves all things outdoors, cooking/eating, health and fitness, and telling “Dad jokes”. She delights in making people smile, because she feels the world is filled with too much heartache and sadness. She makes it a priority to brightens peoples day on KSL Today.
Haley is the 4:30am News Anchor, and 5:00-7:30am Traffic Anchor.
Haley loves to hear from and get to know people. She’d love to hear from you!
- Police: 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found In Toy Chest In Room; Death Ruled Accidental (pageviews: 5778)
- Saturday Evening Sessions To Remain Part Of General Conference (pageviews: 2825)
- Boaters Say Fees Going Up, Quality Going Down At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2460)
- 8 Killed, Several Injured In Crashes After Sandstorm Hits I-15 (pageviews: 2372)
- Cedar City Residents Cleaning Up After More Flash Flooding – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1983)
- Family Mourns Husband, Wife Killed In Sandstorm Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 1933)
- Live (pageviews: 1333)
- Delta Mistake Bumps Non-Stop Travelers To Flights With Layovers (pageviews: 1324)
- Utah Reports 843 COVID-19 Cases, 6 Additional Deaths – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1247)