Heather Simonsen is a three-time Emmy-winning enterprise reporter for KSL 5 TV, with eight nominations from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Top of the Rockies Journalism awards in Features: Short Form and Marijuana Enterprise Reporting, and 1st and 2nd place Society of Professional Journalists wins for general news reporting. Her expertise is in health and medicine, drug addiction, science and research, family, human interest, and social issues.
Besides her television work, Heather is a published author and has appeared in O, the Oprah Magazine, the New York Times, Salt Lake Magazine, Utah Style & Design, the Salt Lake Tribune, and the Deseret News.
Heather put her passion for reading and writing to use on the board of directors of the Salt Lake City Public Library System. She also traveled the country as a spokesperson for the 2002 Olympic Torch Relay and was a torchbearer.
Heather earned a master’s degree from Brigham Young University and a high-honors bachelor’s in journalism from the University of Texas at Austin where she was a Senior Fellow.
She gives back by emceeing important events, and by speaking at local churches and schools. She enjoys baking, hiking in the mountains, and spending time with her husband and three wonderful children- two of whom are fully-fledged adults.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)