Jed Boal joined the KSL News Specialists as a reporter in 1999.
Jed has a Bachelor of Arts in English and History, and a Masters in Journalism from the University of Michigan. He started his journalism career in Florence, Alabama, and has also reported and anchored in Georgia and Michigan. While working in Columbus, Georgia, Jed reported from Somalia in 1993 as soldiers from Ft. Benning worked to help repair the country’s shattered roads and water systems.
At KSL, Jed covers everything from Utah troops and public safety issues, to severe weather and anything that gets him up in the mountains. Jed has been awarded for his reporting by the Utah Broadcasters Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and news associations in Michigan and Georgia.
Jed likes to backpack and ski in the mountains of northern Utah and hike the canyons of the Colorado Plateau. He marvels in the natural beauty of the state and enjoys the cultural offerings of the Wasatch Front, like the Utah Symphony, the Utah Jazz, and great restaurants.
Facebook: Jed Boal
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)