Jed Boal joined the KSL News Specialists as a reporter in 1999.
Jed has a Bachelor of Arts in English and History, and a Masters in Journalism from the University of Michigan. He started his journalism career in Florence, Alabama, and has also reported and anchored in Georgia and Michigan. While working in Columbus, Georgia, Jed reported from Somalia in 1993 as soldiers from Ft. Benning worked to help repair the country’s shattered roads and water systems.
At KSL, Jed covers everything from Utah troops and public safety issues, to severe weather and anything that gets him up in the mountains. Jed has been awarded for his reporting by the Utah Broadcasters Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and news associations in Michigan and Georgia.
Jed likes to backpack and ski in the mountains of northern Utah and hike the canyons of the Colorado Plateau. He marvels in the natural beauty of the state and enjoys the cultural offerings of the Wasatch Front, like the Utah Symphony, the Utah Jazz, and great restaurants.
Facebook: Jed Boal
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 23901)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 18455)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6648)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 6429)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 5898)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4246)
- Woman Billed $2500 Repair Bill For Cracked Utility Box (pageviews: 3978)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 3845)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3548)