Jed Boal joined the KSL News Specialists as a reporter in 1999.
Jed has a Bachelor of Arts in English and History, and a Masters in Journalism from the University of Michigan. He started his journalism career in Florence, Alabama, and has also reported and anchored in Georgia and Michigan. While working in Columbus, Georgia, Jed reported from Somalia in 1993 as soldiers from Ft. Benning worked to help repair the country’s shattered roads and water systems.
At KSL, Jed covers everything from Utah troops and public safety issues, to severe weather and anything that gets him up in the mountains. Jed has been awarded for his reporting by the Utah Broadcasters Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and news associations in Michigan and Georgia.
Jed likes to backpack and ski in the mountains of northern Utah and hike the canyons of the Colorado Plateau. He marvels in the natural beauty of the state and enjoys the cultural offerings of the Wasatch Front, like the Utah Symphony, the Utah Jazz, and great restaurants.
Facebook: Jed Boal
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)