Jed Boal joined the KSL News Specialists as a reporter in 1999.
Jed has a Bachelor of Arts in English and History, and a Masters in Journalism from the University of Michigan. He started his journalism career in Florence, Alabama, and has also reported and anchored in Georgia and Michigan. While working in Columbus, Georgia, Jed reported from Somalia in 1993 as soldiers from Ft. Benning worked to help repair the country’s shattered roads and water systems.
At KSL, Jed covers everything from Utah troops and public safety issues, to severe weather and anything that gets him up in the mountains. Jed has been awarded for his reporting by the Utah Broadcasters Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and news associations in Michigan and Georgia.
Jed likes to backpack and ski in the mountains of northern Utah and hike the canyons of the Colorado Plateau. He marvels in the natural beauty of the state and enjoys the cultural offerings of the Wasatch Front, like the Utah Symphony, the Utah Jazz, and great restaurants.
Facebook: Jed Boal
- A total lunar eclipse will turn the moon red. Here's how to watch (pageviews: 5221)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5184)
- Fatal crash on I15 in Farmington, police investigating (pageviews: 3101)
- Police arrest man accused off fatally hitting a woman, dragging body (pageviews: 2965)
- Woman dies in rollover crash on I-215 (pageviews: 2647)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire (pageviews: 2373)