Jed Boal joined the KSL News Specialists as a reporter in 1999.
Jed has a Bachelor of Arts in English and History, and a Masters in Journalism from the University of Michigan. He started his journalism career in Florence, Alabama, and has also reported and anchored in Georgia and Michigan. While working in Columbus, Georgia, Jed reported from Somalia in 1993 as soldiers from Ft. Benning worked to help repair the country’s shattered roads and water systems.
At KSL, Jed covers everything from Utah troops and public safety issues, to severe weather and anything that gets him up in the mountains. Jed has been awarded for his reporting by the Utah Broadcasters Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and news associations in Michigan and Georgia.
Jed likes to backpack and ski in the mountains of northern Utah and hike the canyons of the Colorado Plateau. He marvels in the natural beauty of the state and enjoys the cultural offerings of the Wasatch Front, like the Utah Symphony, the Utah Jazz, and great restaurants.
Facebook: Jed Boal
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18148)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10709)
- Young man who was accidentally invited to 'grandma's' Thanksgiving as a teen celebrates 6th year of dinner together (pageviews: 7286)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected (pageviews: 6853)
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market (pageviews: 5604)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 5589)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4641)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 4585)
- Tooele family warns of E. coli after daughter nearly dies in the hospital (pageviews: 4101)