Keith McCord began working for KSL 5 tv as an anchor in February 1981. He is currently an anchor on the weekend edition of the KSL 5 News. Keith also works as a reporter for KSL’s 5, 6, 6:30 and 10PM newscasts.
Keith has been involved in broadcasting since 1975 when he graduated from Long Beach City College in California with an Associate Degree in telecommunications. His career began as an announcer and news director at a small radio station in Loveland, Colorado.
In 1978, he became a television news anchor, at the CBS affiliate KYCU-TV in Cheyenne, Wyoming. For his first broadcast there, he wore a lime green suit–no kidding! He also pulled down a huge salary of $800 a month (also, no kidding!).
In 1980, he anchored at KRDO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
In 1981, he came to KSL… and they still haven’t fired him yet!
In 2013, Keith became an Emmy winner as he was inducted into the Rocky Mountain Emmy Silver Circle Society, an award marking 25 years of service, or longer, to the broadcasting industry.
Keith loves golf, the L.A. Dodgers, and hopes the Olympics come back to Utah someday! He lives in North Salt Lake.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)