Ladd joined KSL 5 TV in 2016 as a political correspondent. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in broadcast journalism and then spent the next five years in Missouri where he worked as an anchor and newsroom manager at the CBS affiliate KRCG. Ladd has also worked as a bureau chief in Southern Utah and as an advertising executive.
Growing up as the middle child in an almost-baseball-team family of eight boys, Ladd knows all too well that every story has multiple sides. It’s that “stuck in the middle” position that makes him love journalism. Ladd is an Emmy-award winning journalist who has also been honored by the Associated Press, the Utah Broadcasters’ Association, and the Missouri Broadcasters’ Association for his work in breaking news anchoring, investigative reporting and feature reporting.
He and his wife, Annie, have five children and are excited to be living back along the Wasatch Front and closer to family.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)