Ladd joined KSL 5 TV in 2016 as a political correspondent. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in broadcast journalism and then spent the next five years in Missouri where he worked as an anchor and newsroom manager at the CBS affiliate KRCG. Ladd has also worked as a bureau chief in Southern Utah and as an advertising executive.
Growing up as the middle child in an almost-baseball-team family of eight boys, Ladd knows all too well that every story has multiple sides. It’s that “stuck in the middle” position that makes him love journalism. Ladd is an Emmy-award winning journalist who has also been honored by the Associated Press, the Utah Broadcasters’ Association, and the Missouri Broadcasters’ Association for his work in breaking news anchoring, investigative reporting and feature reporting.
He and his wife, Annie, have five children and are excited to be living back along the Wasatch Front and closer to family.
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)