Matt Rascon joined the KSL 5 News team in April 2019. He’s happy to be back in Utah after working across the country for the last several years.
Matt grew up in the news industry but got his real start in journalism as a radio reporter in Rexburg, Idaho. He transitioned to television in Utah, where he hosted a national cable show on BYUtv, anchored for ElevenNews at noon on KBYU-TV and worked as a multimedia journalist at ABC4 in Salt Lake City.
Matt got his bachelor’s degree in Communications from Brigham Young University. He and his family traded in the mountains for the beach in California, where he worked as a multimedia journalist, reporting on court cases, wildfires and corruption. After three years Matt and his family packed up and moved across the country to New England, where he worked as a reporter and anchor, covering everything from national politics to protests to nor’easters.
Matt was born in San Antonio and raised in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston, where his parents still live. He also spent several months in high school living and studying in Guatemala and Paraguay. In college, he took time off to live in South Africa and Botswana for two years as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He lived in China for six months teaching English with his wife.
In his time off, Matt enjoys climbing, exploring Utah and spending time with his wife and four daughters.
Facebook: Matt Rascon
- A total lunar eclipse will turn the moon red. Here's how to watch (pageviews: 5221)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5184)
- Fatal crash on I15 in Farmington, police investigating (pageviews: 3101)
- Police arrest man accused off fatally hitting a woman, dragging body (pageviews: 2965)
- Woman dies in rollover crash on I-215 (pageviews: 2647)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire (pageviews: 2373)