After working as a sports intern at KSL in the fall of 2002 Sam was hired to work as a studio technician and a sports producer for KSL through July 2006. Then he left to Colorado where he worked for 13 years as a sports anchor in both Grand Junction and Colorado Springs.
As Sports Director for KKTV in Colorado Springs a majority of Sam’s time was spent covering the Denver Broncos. Some of the highlights covering the Broncos for 10 seasons was being at team headquarters when Tim Tebow was drafted, the signing of Peyton Manning, going to Super Bowl 48 and Super Bowl 50, attending Terrell Davis’ Hall of Fame enshrinement in Canton, Ohio among many other things. He also enjoyed the many hours spent covering Southern Colorado’s high school sports teams, the Air Force Falcons athletic programs as well as UCCS, CSU-Pueblo and Colorado College hockey.
Sam married Sadie Peavler while living in Colorado and their four children were all born in Colorado Springs. After eight years in the Springs, they built a new home and thought they would still be in Colorado for many years to come. Less than a year later the call came that there was an opening for a sports anchor at KSL. It was too hard to pass up.
When Sam is not working to bring the latest updates on the Jazz, Cougars, Utes, Aggies and all of the other teams in Utah he enjoys firing up the smoker in the back yard and cooking anything from ribs, pork shoulder, brisket, chicken, turkey and anything else that would taste good cooked slow and low. He also loves gardening, snowboarding, basketball and baseball. But what he loves best is spending any time with his wife and kids playing games, going camping, playing sports or cooking food.
- 3 people injured, 4 cars damaged after trip through car wash (pageviews: 26298)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 24863)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 22647)
- Jerry Bruckheimer addresses Johnny Depp’s future with ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13830)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 9373)
- Pedestrian killed in Ogden crash (pageviews: 6556)