Tamara Vaifanua joined KSL Today as a reporter in June 2021. She is a familiar face to Utah viewers. For more than 11 years, she was an anchor and reporter for a Salt Lake City TV station.
Her work highlights issues facing underrepresented communities. Vaifanua’s notable stories focused on Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women, Covid-19 relief efforts among Pacific Islanders and the Navajo Nation, educational equity, and school to prison pipeline.
Vaifanua previously worked in newsrooms in Laughlin, Nevada (KLBC), San Diego, California (KUSI), Las Vegas, Nevada (KTNV) and St. George, Utah (KCSG).
Born in southern California, and raised in Taylorsville Utah, Vaifanua graduated from Southern Utah University in communications and political science. Her parents are from Samoa, and she is proud to be the first TV news anchor of Samoan heritage in Utah.
Facebook: Tamara Vaifanua
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18148)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10709)
- Young man who was accidentally invited to 'grandma's' Thanksgiving as a teen celebrates 6th year of dinner together (pageviews: 7286)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected (pageviews: 6853)
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market (pageviews: 5604)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 5589)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4641)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 4585)
- Tooele family warns of E. coli after daughter nearly dies in the hospital (pageviews: 4101)