Tamara Vaifanua joined KSL Today as a reporter in June 2021. She is a familiar face to Utah viewers. For more than 11 years, she was an anchor and reporter for a Salt Lake City TV station.
Her work highlights issues facing underrepresented communities. Vaifanua’s notable stories focused on Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women, Covid-19 relief efforts among Pacific Islanders and the Navajo Nation, educational equity, and school to prison pipeline.
Vaifanua previously worked in newsrooms in Laughlin, Nevada (KLBC), San Diego, California (KUSI), Las Vegas, Nevada (KTNV) and St. George, Utah (KCSG).
Born in southern California, and raised in Taylorsville Utah, Vaifanua graduated from Southern Utah University in communications and political science. Her parents are from Samoa, and she is proud to be the first TV news anchor of Samoan heritage in Utah.
Facebook: Tamara Vaifanua
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)