Goodguys Car Show Quiz
Considered the fastest car of its time the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL proudly held a huge 3 liter inline 6 engine that could push the car to 163 miles an hour. And considering this was the 1950's, those kinds of speeds were unheard of. The famous gullwing doors had to be designed since the frame developed for this car wouldn't allow the use of a full-sized car door.
The Ford Mustang is an American icon. So much so that right now the car is one of only 2 proper cars that Ford currently manufactures. The Ford Mustang's popularity has stemmed from everything from popular culture, like appearances in films from Bullitt to Gone in 60 Seconds. The Mustang is as American muscle as it gets.
The '59 Cadillac El Dorado's and Coupe DeVille's are one of a kind. While the sharp tailfins were carried over for several years, the double-barrelled tail lights were only featured on the 1959 models. You might recognize these fins from the famous ambulance turned ECTO-1 in Ghostbusters.
The Pontiac Trans Am was the high-performance 'big brother' of the Pontiac Firebird. But to look at the two side by side you might not even notice a difference. The Trans Am was boosted to more stardom in the 1977 hit Smokey and the Bandit and was famously driven by Burt Reynolds.
Obviously the DMC DeLorean was made famous in the 1985 movie Back to the Future. This car has a very brief, but now cult, history. The famous gullwing doors and sleek stainless steel look made this an icon of the time. But the car was extremely heavy, mostly unreliable, and you'd be lucky to actually get it up to its famous 88 miles per hour to even go back in time.
Two cars defined automobiles in the '60s and '70s and continue to be forces to be reckoned with today. One is the Ford Mustang, the other is the iconic Corvette. While the Corvette has gone through many facelifts over the years, it still stays true to its roots; pure American muscle.
Share your Results:
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)