(Last revised May 25, 2018)
Collection of Information from Children. The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) years), and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 13.
Types of Information Collected. We may collect two general types of information when you use the Site:
(1) PII, which includes your first and last name, home or other physical address, telephone number, email address, user identification, other identifiers that permit physical or online contact with you, or any information about you collected online and maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with any of the preceding categories. You also may view or engage with our Site and our Services through third-party social networking sites or social media plug-ins and applications, including when we conduct contests using such third party sites. When you engage with the Site and our Services through such third-party sites, plug-ins or applications, we may have access to certain information from your social media profile, such as your name, photo, gender, birthday, location, videos and other content you create, your list of friends, etc. In addition, when you participate in contests, we may require you to provide us with your social security number and/or other information to verify your eligibility to participate in such contests. This information is included in the definition of PII.
(2) Non-PII such as your IP address (a number used to identify your computer when you are on the Internet), the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the web pages you have visited, sites visited before and after you visit the Site, the type of handheld or mobile device used to access the Site or other device-specific information.
How Information is Collected. We collect information both actively and passively. For example, we will collect information about you that you voluntarily provide while on the Site or by engaging with our Services. In addition to information provided directly by you, we (and third parties that offer features through the Site) may collect non-PII through the use of “cookies,” “web beacons,” “Flash cookies” or by other electronic means.
Web Beacons. We, our third-party service providers, advertisers and partners also may use “web beacons” or similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page to collect data about how visitors use the Site. For example, web beacons may be used to count the number of users who visit the Site or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor to the Site. If you set your browser to turn off cookies, web beacons and similar technologies will detect your visits to the Site, but they will not associate your activity on the Site with information that otherwise would be stored in cookies. We do not control tracking technologies used by third parties on the Site.
Flash Cookies. The Site uses locally stored objects, also called “Flash cookies,” when it uses Adobe Flash Player (“Flash”) to provide special content such as video streaming, video on demand, video clips or animation. Flash, and similar applications, use Flash cookies to remember visitors’ Site settings, preferences and usages. Flash cookies are managed directly through Adobe’s website, rather than through your web browser.
How Information Is Used and Shared. We may use the information we collect to do the following, among other things:
- Create and manage your account;
- Provide the products and services you request;
- Enroll you in contests, programs or other offers you request;
- Tell you about other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for purchases you have made;
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- Analyze the use of our Site;
- Develop new products and services;
- Understand how you arrived at the Site;
- Manage the Site and Services;
- Enforce the terms of this Policy.
In the event that Operator is considering a sale of its business, in its entirety or a component thereof, or substantially all or a portion of its assets are acquired, Data, including PII, may be one of the transferred assets, and may therefore be used by a third party acquirer in accordance with this Policy. Such use by a third party may include review of PII, using such PII to contact you either before or after such a transfer or sale, use or transfer of non-PII before or after such a transfer or sale, or for other purposes.
In addition, we may share your information as described below:
Information You Elect to Share. You may choose to share information with Third Parties by clicking on links to those Third Parties from within the Site. In addition, you may elect to share information, including PII, through the Services offered on the Site by, for instance, posting comments on comment boards or listing classified advertisements. Some of your activity on the Site, including content you have posted, is public by default. Some of this content may include PII.
Third-Party Advertisers and Web Sites. We may share your non-PII with, or make your non-PII available to, Third Parties as described in the section above titled Third-Party Advertising and Third-Party Web Sites.
Information Disclosed to Vendors, Partners, Service Providers, and Others for Business Purposes. We contract with vendors to provide services related to the Site and may share information with such vendors in order to provide products or services to you or to help maintain the Site. We also may share non-PII with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business.
Information Security. We take information security seriously, and we use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the PII we collect from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that we will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your PII.
California Privacy Rights. Under California law, California residents may request once a year, free of charge, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Specifically, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Legal Department, Bonneville International Corporation, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84145. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or postal address specified above. You should put “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and in your request. You must provide us with the specific information regarding yourself so that we can accurately respond to your request.
California Do Not Track Disclosure. Certain web browsers may allow you to enable a “do not track” option that sends signals to the websites you visit indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking cookies as browsers with the “do not track” option selected may still accept cookies. Right now, there is no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may be adopted in the future. Operator does not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will modify this Policy accordingly. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.org. We do not authorize the collection of your PII for third party use through advertising technologies without you providing consent directly to such third parties.
Users From Outside the United States. This Site is hosted in the United States and is governed by U.S. law. If you are using the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where we locate and operate our servers and databases. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share information as described in this policy.
Contact Information. Questions concerning the Policy or the Site, including any request to review or change your PII, should be directed to email@example.com.