There's a worrisome trend among some kids recovering from COVID-19. Kids who've had the virus appear to have an increased risk of getting both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Have you ever wondered how effective intermittent fasting is? The hot dieting trend may have health benefits far beyond weight loss, according to researchers.
Do you feel like you're already falling short on New Year's resolutions? You're in good company. One in three Utahns won't keep those goals past the end of January, experts said.
There’s another respiratory illness that’s spiking in Utah. Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) can be especially hard on babies and senior citizens.
As the pandemic rages on, frontline health care workers have braved new obstacles. A nurse at a rural Utah Hospital has gone above and beyond to motivate and uplift her coworkers.
Last year, the pandemic resulted in a much quieter holiday season — for many, an unexpected silver lining with less stress and anxiety. But the busy calendar is back and COVID-19 is still here. A Utah psychiatrist explained how to stay healthy mentally and emotionally this season.
Lack of trust and access to services has caused devastation during COVID-19 for Utah's communities of color.
The holiday season can lead to an unwanted health risk. Heart attacks peak in December and January.
During the pandemic, many have expressed thanks to frontline caregivers at hospitals and clinics. But there are 2 million health care workers in the U.S. whose work isn’t quite as visible.
Doctors at Primary Children's Hospital are co-leading a national study about a serious condition some kids get from COVID-19.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)
Connect with KSL