More than 30 million Americans suffer from heart disease, putting them at risk for premature death. Despite setbacks, one Utah man is living life to his fullest and reaping the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
The coronavirus pandemic has posed unique challenges for everyone, but especially for one Orem man with Down syndrome whose routine was flipped upside down. With one goal in mind, a little exercise and some Disney magic, things started to look up.
A new survey reveals just 59% of American adults plan to get the flu vaccine this year, according to the National Foundation for Infectious Disease.
One Draper woman said she's grateful her baby was properly secured when she got in a crash years ago, and now she's educating parents about the right way to install their child's car seat.
Studies show the risk of death or complications related to COVID-19 are four times greater for those with diabetes, which affects more than 150,000 Utahns. One West Jordan man said he's grateful his chronic illness was under control when he got the coronavirus.
For many, COVID-19 has turned into a prolonged illness with symptoms lasting beyond the duration of the initial virus. A West Haven woman is one of the hundreds of Utahns trying to navigate their lives after the illness.
As several Utah districts head back to school this week, it’s more important than ever for parents to help prepare their children for classes. One Sandy family is making safety part of their everyday routine.
In an ever-changing world, it may be hard to find time for yourself. Intermountain Healthcare's Chanda Vaniman said that's exactly what we need.
In addition to adding masks and sanitizing products to your back-to-school shopping list, it's important parents make sure their children are emotionally prepared for some of the changes coming their way.
Earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic, nonurgent breast care screenings and mammograms were rescheduled due to safety restrictions. But now doctors are urging women who missed their screenings to get in as soon as possible.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 41380)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 8407)
- Provo Man Shot By Family Member Who Thought He Was Intruder, Police Say (pageviews: 4614)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 3477)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3092)
- Utah Reports 314 Current Hospitalizations, 1,363 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 New Deaths (pageviews: 2182)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 2150)
- Police: Roy High Teacher Arrested, Accused Of Enticing Minor (pageviews: 2105)
Connect with KSL