During the pandemic, many have expressed thanks to frontline caregivers at hospitals and clinics. But there are 2 million health care workers in the U.S. whose work isn’t quite as visible.
Doctors at Primary Children's Hospital are co-leading a national study about a serious condition some kids get from COVID-19.
Lack of smell and taste are some of the most common symptoms of COVID-19 and have affected up to 85% of patients, according to the National Institutes of Health. For some, those symptoms have lingered for months but a new therapy is showing promise.
The Food and Drug Administration approved the COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11 and recommended emergency use authorization. It could be available as soon as next week. A Utah pediatrician explains what parents should know.
Doctors say by following safe Halloween strategies, kids can still have fun while being protected from the virus.
They're training the next generation of physicians in population health, keeping people and communities healthy through prevention.
A growing treatment is finding success in the fight against cancer. Doctors say it helps a patient's own immune cells recognize and attack the disease. The procedure made all the difference for a Utah man.
What if you knew your chances of getting cancer were higher than most people? And what if you knew there was a way to intervene before you got sick? One Utah family shares how genetic testing is impacting the decisions they make.
Salt Lake woman with metastatic cancer finds improved quality of life with advanced treatment and therapiesOver the last several decades, doctors have become really good at treating cancer and now through recent medical advancements and therapies, they're getting better at giving patients their quality of life back.
“Cancer is a really dark cloud, that can have a beautiful silver lining, if you will let that happen.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18148)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10709)
- Young man who was accidentally invited to 'grandma's' Thanksgiving as a teen celebrates 6th year of dinner together (pageviews: 7286)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected (pageviews: 6853)
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market (pageviews: 5604)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 5589)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4641)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 4585)
- Tooele family warns of E. coli after daughter nearly dies in the hospital (pageviews: 4101)
Connect with KSL