The Utah Department of Transportation and Highway Patrol said Wednesday that 320 people died in crashes on state roads last year, the most in 19 years.
The Utah Highway Patrol saw one of the busiest nights of the season Friday night. Troopers said between DUIs and the snow storm, they had their hands full.
More than 300 people died in crashes on Utah's roads this year - a 12% increase from the five-year average.
Drivers can expect to see more Utah Highway Patrol troopers out on the roads this holiday season.
Traffic picked up Tuesday evening ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday. Following a surge in highway fatalities, safety advocates urged everybody to pay attention and reign in aggressive driving.
The Utah Highway Patrol released new statics that showed the number of Utah drivers using their seat belts dropped from 90.2% in 2019 to 88.2% this year.
A mother was trying to draw attention Thursday to speeding and other bad driver behavior in a school zone along a busy road next to an elementary school.
The Mountain Green fire chief is calling for safety improvements along what he believes is an extremely dangerous stretch of I-84. He says his department deals with frequent crashes there.
Troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol said they’ve seen a rise in crashes involving crash responders at the side of the road, and they need motorists to pay attention.
If you think it seems more dangerous out on Utah’s highways and interstates lately, you’re right. The United States is on pace for the greatest number of highway fatalities in 15 years. Utah is also on pace for one of its deadliest years in the past two decades.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)
Connect with KSL