Kristen Van Dyke
A native of South Carolina, Kristen’s interest in meteorology first started at a very young age when she saw first hand the power of Hurricane Hugo as it swept through her small town. She dedicated herself to a career in forecasting, wanting to keep those around her protected and informed of the weather around them. Kristen majored in communications at the College of Charleston and later earned her certificate in meteorology from Mississippi State University.
Her career in meteorology has taken her across the country, covering a variety of weather conditions, starting in Myrtle Beach, then Albuquerque, New Mexico, followed by Portland Oregon, where she was Chief Meteorologist at the CBS affiliate in the city. She and her husband decided to set their permanent roots in Salt Lake City, where Kristen was previously the Chief Meteorologist at Fox 13.
Kristen is thrilled to now be a part of the KSL weather team. When she’s not at work, she’s busy chasing after her two young boys, and loves to hike, snowboard, mountain bike, and of course surf when the opportunity presents itself.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)