Born and raised in northeastern Ohio, this is the third time Mike has called Utah home — and he doesn’t plan on leaving again.
Mike co-anchors KSL News at 5 and 10 with Nadine Wimmer and Dave McCann and spends the rest of his time reporting on in-depth and investigative stories.
Mike is a BYU grad, but is very open about the fact some of his best friends are Utes!
Over the years Mike’s career has taken him from the buckeye trees of Ohio, to the oil fields of west Texas, to the mile-high city of Denver, Colorado, but some of his best journalism has taken place right here in Utah.
Mike is a 48-time Emmy award winning journalist and a 4-time recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow award. He has also been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists and Utah Broadcasters Association for his investigative reporting and writing.
He’s interviewed dozens of newsmakers and celebrities over the years, including Jimmy Fallon, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Simon Cowell, Def Leppard, Meadowlark Lemmon, Henry Winkler (The Fonz), Joe Montana, Zooey Deschanel, and Mel Gibson.
Outside of TV, Mike is a pretty busy guy. He and his wife Rachel spend a good chunk of their time chasing around their four kiddos, doing homework, playing sports and just spending time together.
When Mike does manage to find a little free time, he enjoys hitting the weight room, playing basketball, and cheering on his BYU Cougars. Go Cougs!
Facebook: Mike Headrick
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)