Jenny Ford Breaks Down Strength Training: Could a Weight-Training Program be Your Solution to a Healthier Life?
This article about trying a weight-training program is sponsored by SelectHealth of Utah, a not-for-profit health insurance organization serving members in Utah and southern Idaho.
Want to know the secret to living a longer life? What if I told you it is as simple as consistent strength training with a weight-training program! A study from Penn State College of Medicine states that you will literally reduce your risk for death by strength training!
It’s never too late
It’s never too late, and you’re never too old to begin a weight-training program. After your weight training session, you’ll burn more calories long after your workout is done. Strength training literally speeds up your metabolism like no other exercise. In other words, the more consistent you are with weight lifting, you’ll actually rev up that metabolism and burn calories longer through the day, even when you are at rest!
Want more great reasons to pick up those dumbbells?
By adding resistance workouts into your exercise routine, you’ll not only build muscle, but your stamina and balance will improve, and you’ll increase your bone density, which is especially important for women! All of these things collectively help reduce your risk for falling and fractures, which are a major cause for disability and death for older people.
Having strong muscles is a lifesaver! Your amazing, strong, muscles will protect you and allow you to live a higher quality of life for yourself and those you love!
Let us help you get started
Try these two fantastic weight lifting workouts on the KSLTV app. They are 25 minutes each, and are perfect for both those participants new to weights and those who have experience with strength training. All you’ll need is one pair of light and heavy dumbbells, some water, and a towel to dry off with.
Get in shape
Get in shape with simple workouts you can do at home, or on the road. Jenny Ford Fitness makes it easy to find time for fitness right on the KSL TV App. Check out the KSL TV app today to find the Jenny Ford workouts on Google Play and the Apple App Store
(Always consult with your doctor or healthcare provider before participating in this exercise program.)
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)