Move Over McDonald’s: Burger King Introduces Range Of ‘Unhappy Meals’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – “No one is happy all the time, and that’s OK.”
Burger King, in partnership with Mental Health America, has introduced “Real Meal” boxes. The move takes on McDonald’s iconic Happy Meals with a range of “unhappy”meals.
The limited-time meals are part of an effort to promote overall mental health as part of Mental Health Awareness Month.
The Real Meal boxes come in a variety of moods: the Pissed Meal, the Blue Meal, the Salty Meal, the YAAAS Meal and the DGAF Meal. The boxes can be ordered with the purchase of a Whopper meal, which includes the hamburger, french fries and a drink.
— Burger King (@BurgerKing) May 1, 2019
“With the Real Meals campaign, the Burger King brand believes in authenticity and welcomes all guests,” according to a media release. “A natural extension of encouraging people to ‘be their way’ is encouraging them to ‘feel their way.’ With the pervasive nature of social media, there is so much pressure to appear happy and perfect. With Real Meals, the Burger King brand celebrates being yourself and feeling however you want to feel.”
The restaurant chain kicked off its campaign with a video that premiered May 1 on YouTube. The
The meals will be available throughout the month at select restaurants in Austin, Seattle, Miami, Los Angeles, and New York City.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)