Judge: Michael Cohen Campaign Finance Probe Over
NEW YORK (AP) — Federal prosecutors have told a judge in New York that they have concluded their investigation into campaign finance violations committed by President Donald Trump’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen.
U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III made the disclosure in a court filing Wednesday.
The judge said that the conclusion of the case clears the way for the public release of sealed search warrant materials dealing with the investigation.
Pauley wrote that now that the probe is complete, every American should have the opportunity to scrutinize the documents.
The investigation involved payments that Cohen helped orchestrate to two women — porn actress Stormy Daniels and Playboy centerfold Karen McDougal — after they claimed they had affairs with Trump.
Trump denied any sexual relationship with the women.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)