2 Killed, Several Injured in Crash in Eureka
Troopers said a preliminary investigation indicates a semi tractor trailer, Pilot Thomas, was traveling southbound on State Route 766 in a curve. A Coach USA bus with 21 occupants was traveling northbound on State Route 766. For unknown reasons, the driver of the semi allowed the truck to cross the centerline and collide head on with the bus.
After impact, the Coach USA bus came to rest on its wheels facing north with the front of the bus partially off the right dirt shoulder. After impact, the semi came to rest on its wheels facing south on the right dirt shoulder, troopers said.
One passenger on the Coach USA bus was killed, and the driver of the semi was killed, troopers said. Their names will not be released until next of kin has been notified.
The driver of the semi has been identified by police as Andrew G. Nash, 29, from Spring Creek, Nevada. The passenger riding in the Coach USA bus who was killed has been identified as Rocky D. Witt, 62, of Spring Creek, Nevada.
All 20 passengers on the bus were transported to a local hospital with five in critical condition.
The University of Utah Hospital confirmed two people were brought in from this crash.
Nevada Highway Patrol, Eureka County Sheriff’s Office, and Elko County Sheriff’s Office were on scene following the crash to conduct an investigation.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)