The Misunderstood Box Grater: 4 Ways How to Use a Box Grater Correctly and Make Your Time in the Kitchen More Efficient
This article about how the versatile box grater is presented by Orson Gygi. Family owned and operated since 1945. Helping to preserve the Gygi Tradition with tools, tips, and solutions for every kitchen adventure – visit Gygi.com.
You have one in the kitchen, and you actually use it fairly often. But probably only in one way. Your box grater has so many more uses than we give it credit for! Heather Smith and Candace Heward share how to use every side of this misunderstood kitchen tool.
The slicing side of your box grater should be your secret weapon for slicing up those veggies quickly and easily. Try it out on things like potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and squash. Don’t worry about using a knife for really thin slices of veggies for salads or even for making the perfect slices to fry into the perfect potato chips!
Use the superfine grate to zest those lemons, limes, and oranges for your next meal. The only downside about using this side of the grater is that it’s a little hard to clean. But don’t fear it. It’s amazing what a little lemon zest can add to your favorite sauces and dishes. It might not be very finger-friendly, but try to grate ginger or even cinnamon on this and it will likely go a long way.
3. Finely Shred
If you don’t want to threaten your fingers on the grating side of your box grater, try using the small shredding side instead. This is great for citrus if you don’t need the super small consistency, but you still want a big pop in the taste of your food. This side of the grater is also great for harder cheese like parmesan to shred for things like Ceasar salads.
You probably already give this side of your grater plenty of attention in your kitchen. While you probably use this side for cheese, any veggies can be shredded on here as well. You can even use it to shred butter that is too col/frozen to be used immediately. How do you like to use this side? You can find more kitchen tips and new ways to use your box grater at gygi.com.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)