Chicago Mayor Issues Order Directing Travelers From Utah, Other States, To Quarantine
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Chicago became the latest U.S. location to issue a travel order that requires people from certain states with increasing COVID-19 numbers to quarantine after arriving – Utah being among those states.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Friday announced that travelers from states experiencing a surge in cases will be directed to quarantine for a period of 14 days “to preserve the gains Chicago has made.”
The list includes Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.
The order will go into effect Monday.
EFFECTIVE MONDAY: To preserve the gains Chicago has made, we're issuing an Emergency Travel Order directing travelers entering or returning to Chicago from states experiencing a surge in new COVID-19 cases to quarantine for a period of 14 days. More info→ https://t.co/5D7ng691f8 pic.twitter.com/CA26uT7RF6
— Mayor Lori Lightfoot (@chicagosmayor) July 2, 2020
Connecticut, New York and New Jersey have also issued similar travel orders that require states with high infection rates to self-quarantine for two weeks.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)