Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom
BEAVERTON, Ore. – An Oregon mother is the victim of a harrowing carjacking – with a peculiar ending.
Crystal Leary said she ran into a meat market in the Portland suburb of Beaverton. She was only going in for a moment and she let her 4-year-old son in the car.
While she was in the store, a man stole her vehicle and drove away with her child still inside.
Then, the robber brought back the boy, ordered Leary to remove the child, and then drove away again.
But first, he scolded the horrified mom for leaving her son, and he threatened to call the police on her.
“As moms, we get really busy, and we think we’re just running in for a second,” Leary said. “And, this is just a perfect example of just letting our guards down and how terribly it could have ended.”
“I am thankful that he’s OK, and it was so stupid and I’ll never do that again,” she added. “But, it’s that split second decision that can just change everything.”
Leary said her son was unharmed. Police said they’re still looking for her vehicle and the alleged carjacker.
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4267)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4035)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3930)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 3633)
- Official: Dems OK Tighter Income Limits For COVID-19 Relief (pageviews: 3608)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3412)
- Dr. Dunn: Utah May End Mask Mandates By Early July (pageviews: 2598)
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 1874)
- Powerful Quake Hits Off New Zealand, Prompting Evacuations (pageviews: 1725)