Police: Ohio Mother Killed 6-Year-Old, Threw Body In River
(WDTN) – An Ohio mother charged with murder is “not showing much remorse” after telling authorities she killed her 6-year-old son and dumped his body in the Ohio River, according to Chief David Birk of the Middletown Police Department.
Brittany Gosney, 29, was arraigned in Middletown Municipal Court Monday on several charges in connection to the death of her 6-year-old son James Hutchinson.
“Several people have interviewed her,” Birk said. “She’s not really saying what the motive was. She just admitted to doing this.”
According to Middletown police, Gosney and her boyfriend, 42-year-old James Hamilton, reported the boy missing Sunday morning. But after further questioning, the mother confessed to killing her son, Birk said.
Gosney told police she took the 6-year-old to the Rush Run Wildlife Area in Preble County Friday. Court documents say she admitted to trying to abandon the boy and then dragging him with her car.
According to court documents, she returned to the scene 30 to 40 minutes later, found the boy had suffered a head injury and took him to a home in Middletown.
Read more: http://bit.ly/3qcTGFs
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)