Farmers Feeding Utah Plans Major Food Distribution For Wednesday
LOGAN, Utah – With the economy improving and case counts down, Utah has started to emerge from the dark days of the pandemic, but many families still need help putting food on the table. Thanks to a donation from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Farmers Feeding Utah has organized a food distribution blitz at seven sites across the state for Wednesday, May 19.
Last April the Utah State University Extension partnered with the Utah Farm Bureau and the Miracle of Agriculture Foundation to create Farmers Feeding Utah.
The idea was to help farmers who had nowhere to send their commodities as restaurants closed and thousands of Utahns lost their jobs and struggled to pay for groceries.
The need for food assistance in Utah increased by 300%.
Everyone is welcomed to pick up items at Wednesday’s event at the following locations:
- Layton Commons Park in Layton
- Utah Valley University W1 Parking Lot in Orem
- Oakley fairgrounds in Oakley
- Deseret Peak Complex in Grantsville
- The IFA Country Store parking lot in Richfield
- The Duchesne County Centennial Event Center in Duchesne
- The Garfield County Care & Share in Panguitch.
All events run from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event in Panguitch is scheduled to run from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)