Body of missing man found in Wyoming
JACKSON, Wyo. — A body believed to be that of a missing Houston man has been found in Teton County, Wyoming.
Robert “Bob” Lowery, 46, was last seen on Aug. 20.
Officials with Teton County Search and Rescue said they found a body fitting his description on a “steep, timbered slope” at the base of Teton Pass Tuesday afternoon.
“The widespread news coverage of the Gabby Petito search helped bring light to Lowery’s case, and resulted in at least two members of the public calling local authorities this past weekend with new information about his possible last seen point,” read a Facebook post from TCSAR.
Search and rescue crews were called out after tipsters said they saw Lowery on the Black Canyon Trail.
He was also described as wearing a black baseball cap with a gold P and carrying a black duffle bag with the Nike logo.
“The volunteers split into seven teams and combed the thick timbered area surrounding Black Canyon, a popular hiking and mountain biking trail in the summer,” the post continued.
Around 1 p.m., officials said a dog team found a body and black Nike duffle bag “significantly off trail on a steep, wooded slope.”
The body was then recovered from the mountainside.
“Collectively, the search teams hiked more than 75 miles and covered 22,500 feet in elevation,” read the post.
The cause of death remains under investigation.
Officials said the family has been notified while they wait for verification.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)