There’s another chance to catch a supermoon on Wednesday
Jul 11, 2022, 8:36 AM | Updated: 2:45 pm
(Scott Eisen/Getty Images)
If you missed last month’s supermoon, you have another chance.
This month’s full moon is Wednesday. At the same time, the moon’s orbit will bring it closer to Earth than usual. This cosmic combo is called a supermoon.
That can make the moon appear slightly bigger and brighter, weather permitting.
Don't miss the biggest 'supermoon' of the year on July 13 https://t.co/gSNYI0WWJs pic.twitter.com/mfln8RHWxd
— SPACE.com (@SPACEdotcom) July 10, 2022
One name for Wednesday’s full moon is the “Buck moon” — a reference to the time of year when new antlers are growing on male deer, or bucks.
The supermoon on June 14 was the “Strawberry moon” because it’s the full moon at strawberry harvest time.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)