Man charged in connection with Sandy shooting, robbery
SANDY, Utah — A Utah man was charged Wednesday with shooting another man in the parking lot of a Sandy restaurant.
Ryan Gregory Carter, 38, is charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated robbery causing serious injury, a first-degree felony; two counts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony; and failing to stop at the command of police, a class A misdemeanor.
On June 8, Sandy police were called to Alta View Hospital on a report of a man who was being treated for multiple gunshot wounds. The victim told police that he was in a restaurant parking lot near 9000 S. State to buy a gold watch from Carter. Carter got into the victim’s car but the victim decided not to buy the watch, according to charging documents.
Carter then pulled out a gun and demanded the victim’s wallet, the charges state.
“(The victim) refused to surrender his wallet and reversed (his car). (The victim) stated that Carter shot (him) twice while he backed away,” according to the charges.
Police verified Carter’s identity with help from the Metro Gang Unit through tattoos on his neck, face and arm. He was later found by police at a motel in Murray, court records state, and arrested following a chase.
Prosecutors said Carter was on parole at the time of the robbery.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)