AMBER ALERT issued for Wyoming girl, 14, believed to be with adult man
Nov 17, 2022, 3:38 PM | Updated: Nov 18, 2022, 5:37 am
CASPER, Wyo. — A 14-year-old missing girl is part of an Amber Alert issued by Wyoming law enforcement.
The girl, Gracelyn Pratt, is believed to be with, James Martin, 36. He was last seen driving a black Ford F-150, a four-door pickup truck with Wyoming truck plates listed as “1 county 3 6 9 2 9.”
Gracelyn is listed as 5 feet 1 inch tall and is said to be 109 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes. Wyoming Highway Patrol said she was last seen wearing a black zip-up jacket with a white undershirt, black leggings and brown knee-high boots.
Martin is said to be 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs between 260 and 300 pounds.
The WHP issued the alert at the request of Casper, Wyoming, police. Anyone with information about Gracelyn Pratt or Martin is asked to call 9-1-1 or the Casper Police Department at 307-235-8278.
WHP did not specify what direction or where Martin might be taking the girl. Neighboring states are often alerted about apparent abductions on the Amber Alert network.
According to guidelines about Amber Alerts from the U.S. Department of Justice they must meet the following criteria:
- There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
- The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
- There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
- The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
- The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
A list of active Amber Alerts is kept here.