The latest update from health officials showed the COVID-19 pandemic was still headed in the wrong direction as new cases and hospitalizations climbed in Utah and across the country.
Southern Utah's current COVID-19 surge has nearly filled the Intensive Care Unit with patients at Intermountain St. George Regional Hospital.
Vaccinations are beginning to rise in some states where COVID-19 cases are soaring, White House officials said Thursday in a sign that the summer surge is getting the attention of vaccine-hesitant Americans as hospitals in the South are being overrun with patients.
The University of Utah hospital announced a small number of nonemergency surgeries have been postponed due to the growing number of people hospitalized with COVID-19.
COVID-19 cases nearly tripled in the U.S. over two weeks amid an onslaught of vaccine misinformation that is straining hospitals, exhausting doctors and pushing clergy into the fray.
As case counts and hospitalizations for COVID-19 continue to climb, mask mandates have returned in a couple of cities in the western United States, including Los Angeles and Las Vegas. But is that likely to return in Utah, or is it even possible?
One month before children return to school, COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to rise in Utah and across the country. Pediatricians from University of Utah Health and Intermountain Healthcare urged parents to get eligible children vaccinated, if they haven’t already.
State data shows new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have risen sharply over the last month. Doctors with Intermountain Healthcare said the surge is fueled mainly by the Delta variant among unvaccinated people, so they urged residents, including those who had the virus, to get their shot.
U.S. regulators on Monday added a new warning to Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine about links to a rare and potentially dangerous neurological reaction, but said it’s not entirely clear the shot caused the problem.
One nurse practitioner in Utah shared the fears of many in getting the COVID-19 vaccine, but he never imagined the flip side of the coin — how his body would handle the virus. That's why he wanted to share his story.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)
Connect with KSL