The Salt Lake County Health Department said it's been difficult to get as many people vaccinated on the west side of Salt Lake City as in other parts of town.
A Utah doctor urged people to keep wearing masks, even after the statewide mandate ends, to keep case counts trending downward and to give more people time to get vaccinated.
University of Utah leaders took vaccinations into consideration before they decided to require masks on campus after the statewide mandate is lifted Saturday.
The Southeast Utah Department of Health and the San Juan Department of Health partnered with Nomi Health to organize a vaccination clinic to fore residents in the southeastern corner of Utah.
With only days to go until a statewide mask mandate ends, Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson asked residents to continue wearing masks and urged businesses to require face coverings as leaders planned a discussion on further restrictions in the county.
After a steady 10-week decline in COVID-19 cases across the country, data from the CDC showed signs of another surge, but not in Utah.
The Consulate of Mexico in Salt Lake City said that it will continue to require face coverings even after the statewide mask mandate ends Saturday.
The Navajo Nation on Thursday reported five new COVID-19 cases and five deaths.
Officials with the Davis County Health Department announced they will open a Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic at the Davis Conference Center in Layton.
Promising news from Pfizer today which announced that its COVID-19 vaccine is 100% effective in adolescents ages 12 to 15.
KSL 5 TV Live
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)
Connect with KSL