There's a worrisome trend among some kids recovering from COVID-19. Kids who've had the virus appear to have an increased risk of getting both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Unlike other parts of the country, the surge in omicron cases has not peaked yet in Utah. According to a top doctor at University of Utah Hospital, the facility was full, and staffing was thin but caregivers remained determined in their mission.
Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez has signed an executive order requiring all government workers on the tribe’s vast reservation to have a booster shot.
Questions remained after emails to parents at two Davis County high schools gave the go-ahead for students who tested positive for COVID-19 to return to class.
Davis Technical College temporarily suspended its COVID-19 testing program for the rest of the week to help the Davis School District which has started test-to-stay at least one high school.
As the historic omicron surge runs through Utah classrooms, nearly a dozen schools were forced to test their students to determine who stays in person. Viewmont High School in Bountiful enforced that protocol Tuesday.
Scientists are seeing signals that COVID-19′s alarming omicron wave may have peaked in Britain and is about to do the same in the U.S., at which point cases may start dropping off dramatically.
The Navajo Nation reported 220 new confirmed COVID-19 cases Saturday and zero deaths related to the virus.
Doctors and nurses on the front line of the COVID-19 crisis said the Omicron variant is filling Utah hospitals, forcing them to treat the sickest first.
Gov. Spencer Cox issued an urgent plea Thursday morning, calling on all Utahns to get vaccinated or boosted against COVID-19 amid a surge in cases.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)
Connect with KSL